Why choose me?
Hi, I’m Madeleine, your Weight Management Dietitian
I’m a Registered Dietitian and Psychologist, meaning I have a unique combination of dietary expertise and psychological knowledge. With a specialism in weight management, I can support you in your weight loss journey, transforming the way you look at food and the way you feel about your body.
Empowering you to reject diet culture and adopt a fresh relationship with food
- Do you struggle with emotional eating and find yourself reaching for a snack as a way of dealing with negative emotions such as stress, anxiety, or sadness?
- Does your fussy eating or lack of self-confidence hold you back in social situations? It’s hard turning down a dinner invitation for these reasons.
- Maybe you find it impossible to resist sugar cravings? It might feel like more of a sugar addiction than just a sweet tooth.
- Or you’re fed up with serial dieting? You’ve spent your whole life trying out every faddy diet, and obsessing over calories, only to put the weight straight back on.
STOP feeling powerless around food
Inspiring a new outlook on life
It’s time to STOP feeling powerless around food and let me show you how to make sustainable changes to your diet and lifestyle, with my anti-diet approach. I firmly believe you can still enjoy all the foods you love, and you can lose weight without feeling the pain of restriction. By working closely to understand the reasons why you eat, I’m able to help you embrace a completely new mindset and reshape your eating habits. Your confidence will blossom, and you will love the person you see in the mirror.
A focus on health and wellbeing
As well as helping you change your eating behaviours, I also treat health issues that may be holding you back. From diabetes, high cholesterol, and fatigue, to infertility, obesity, and depression, I use the science of nutrition to promote good health and alleviate some of the symptoms of these health complications. After all, the way you feel inside your body is just as important as the way you feel about the outside.
At last, you can start living a life free of stress and worry. Those feelings of frustration and upset can be changed for newfound self-love and a positive body image.
I can teach you how to:
- Eat intuitively, listening to your body’s cues of hunger or fullness, and lose excess weight.
- Develop the tools to question hunger and manage your non-hunger needs.
- Feel in control of food and gain confidence in your choices.
- Improve your nutritional balance by making small manageable adjustments.
- Make lasting changes to your eating patterns and lifestyle, to maintain your weight loss long-term.
- Gain new respect for your body, and find joy in food, for a happy and positive future.
I’m a Registered Dietitian, and dietitians are the ONLY nutrition professionals whose advice is governed by law.
Visit my About Me page to learn more about how I can support you with my anti-diet approach, and why my clients see life-changing results.
What some of my wonderful clients say
“Your support has really helped me imbed my changes. Thank you, you’ve given me the drive to keep going.”
“I feel like you understand who I am … understand the constraints of my life. You’ve made me smile for the first time in months.”
“I thought that by this age [59 years old] and trying really hard for the past 20 years to get the weight off that there wouldn’t be anything that worked. Maddy showed me the plate method and suggested I eat off a smaller plate. She is also so encouraging she really makes you feel like you can do it even when you don’t believe that yourself. Seven weeks later I had lost over a stone and a half”
“Thank you for the leaflets you sent. I love the advice you give – always practical and easy to follow.”
“When I met Maddy I felt hopeless – I’d read all the books, and I’d tried everything, but nothing worked. I was miserable. I thought bariatric surgery was my only answer. But the first time I met Maddy, she listened to what I had tried before, what my life is like now. I felt she truly understood who I was as a person. Together we came up with a plan. Over the next few months, I lost a stone. Now I am feeling a lot fitter and able to get about a lot easier. I’ve got my hope back!”
“I feel like I can be really open and honest with you because you never judge me, you never make me feel bad about anything I say in these sessions. I can’t tell you how rare that is.”
I often see clients in my clinic that have been told by friends, family,...